The Little Prince : One of My Favorite Children’s Books
My list of favorite children’s books is quite long (no surprise there), but one that really stands out is The Little Prince. Published in 1943, written by French aviator Antoine de Saint-Exupéry’s. According to Wikipedia it has been translated into 190 languages and sold more than 80 million copies.
I received The Little Prince as a gift for Christmas a looooong time ago! The picture above is the original book. It is in both Spanish and French. I remember thinking that the illustrations were simple and the story quite plain. It was some boy on an asteroid taking care of the asteroid and a rose. No big deal, right?
However, it was not until a few years passed and I read it again that I began to capture the deeper meaning of the book. I fell in love with it. It the kind of book that lifts you up when you are down and shows you that you can find happiness if you seek it. It is one of those books that grows on you and that you can read every year and find more beauty and wisdom leaving you with a reflective feeling.
Do you want to learn more about The Little Prince?
- Here’s a teaser from the TV series (in French):
- You can check out the book from your local library or find it at your local bookstore. You can also buy it online.
- You can also choose to listen to the book narrated by Richard Burton by downloading it from iTunes.
- If you are a major fan and feel compelled to have items with The Little Prince you might consider visiting the online boutique.
- If you haven’t read the book. Don’t hesitate…go read it!