Once Upon a Sketch Podcast Episode 5 – Conversation with Adobe about Creative Cloud
Last month on our podcast we had a roundtable conversation about Adobes new subscription model and it turns out that Adobe was listening. We got the chance to speak with Terry Hemphill a Senior Product Marketing Manager at Adobe. He heard our Conversation and approached us with the intent to speak with us about some of the confusion and concern regarding Creative Cloud. At first we were a little skeptical about speaking with a representative from Adobe. We were afraid that it might just be a long pitch for their products but we found Terry to be very open and honest with his answers. Before we spoke with Terry we put out a request for questions that, if you had the chance, would want to ask Adobe about creative cloud and we got a lot of great responses. Here are a few of the questions we asked him. Thanks for your input;
- Why ONLY the subscription model rather than allowing for a perpetual license?
- Why is the cloud subscription model better for me as a customer and as an illustrator?
- What would you suggest young freelance artists or students do if they cannot afford to pay a monthly fee?
- If you sign a one-year contract with Adobe and have to end it early what is the penalty?
- If your customers are paying you month to month what incentive is there for you to upgrade your products competitively?
- Has the outcry from the community at all affected Adobe’s plans for Creative Cloud?
We certainly got to ask him a lot more but those are just a handful of the questions we asked. Give a listen to the whole conversation to hear everything we talked about.
Audio Version of the podcast or listen on iTunes