Amazon Releases the Kindle Comic Creator
Amazon has just released the Kindle Comic Creator for creating your own comics for the Kindle platform. Kindle Comic Creator is a free tool for authors and publishers to turn their comics, graphic novels and manga into Kindle books. Kindle Comic Creator makes it easy for authors and publishers to import artwork, create their preferred customer reading experience and preview how their book will look on Kindle devices. Once satisfied with their Kindle book, authors can publish to Kindle and share their story with millions of Amazon customers worldwide. Here are a few of the software’s key features:
- Create a guided navigation experience with Kindle Panel View
- Create books with double page spreads or facing pages
- Import artwork from jpg, pdf, tiff, png and ppm formats
- Preview content across Kindle devices before publishing
So as always the first question that pops into my head is “What’s in it for them?” From what I have found so far it looks like Amazon takes the normal 30% and your take home is the remaining 70%. 30% seems to be the standard when putting your content up with companies like Google and Apple.
This application was just released on Tuesday for both Mac and PC. I’m going to download it and give it a try and report back with my thoughts. If you’d like to download it and try it for yourself you can download it from Amazon here.