Download Free Children’s Book Templates

There are versions of these types of templates all over the web.  Ours was far from the first! So I was surprised when folks were asking if they could get .PDF’s of the ones we showed in a previous post. Awesome!

I personally use these when I am laying out my Children’s Books and doing my thumbnails. Whether digitally or traditionally.   I also use them to lay out the type and get an idea of where things will flow the best. This is also helpful in giving the client a visual idea of how there book will be layed out and appear.

DOWNLOAD PACKETS AT END OF POST!

We altered these a bit so that they could be used for that purpose better.

OUAS_SQUARE PAGE_PB TEMPLATE

We moved the page numbers and descriptions above the page so that you can scribble on them freely.

OUAS_TALL PAGE_PB TEMPLATE OUAS_WIDE PAGE_PB TEMPLATE

OUAS_SQUARE PAGE_PB TEMPLATE

We included three page size formats; Tall, Wide and Square.

OUAS_SQUARE PAGE_11X17_PB TEMPLATE

We made 8 1/2″ X 11″ as well as 11X17 variations of all of the above to give you some versatility in scale.

Download the ones that work best for you and your needs! Enjoy!

24 Page 8.5×11  Template (3 sizes)
8.5×11 Square PDF 24 Page
8.5×11 Tall PDF 24 Page
8.5×11 Wide PDF 24 Page
24 Page 11×17  Template (3 sizes)
11×17 Square PDF 24 Page
11×17 Tall PDF 24 Page
11×17 Wide PDF 24 Page

32 Page 8.5×11  Template (3 sizes)
8.5×11 Square PDF 32 Page
8.5×11 Tall PDF 32 Page
8.5×11 Wide PDF 32 Page
32 Page 11×17  Template (3 sizes)
11×17 Square PDF 32 Page
11×17 Tall PDF 32 Page
11×17 Wide PDF 32 Page

Update: after Wilson passed away these files disappeared from the service he used to allow you to download them. This service allowed Wilson to see how many times these templates were downloaded. He loved seeing how much people were enjoying these PDFs. Which is why the download links have been missing for a few years. I’m assuming, when his account was inactive for a while they removed the links. These PDFs needed to be remade so they are slightly different then the above images. Please enjoy.

Tags: , , , ,

1. Dayne Sislen

Thank you, again. Your generosity astounds me.

2. Jeanette W. Stickel

Thank you! I’ll put them to good use and share your link with my critique group.

3. Rebecca Dickinson

Thank you so much- how lovely of you to share!
    : )
    Happy 2013 !! Rebecca

4. Rosi

These look fantastic. Unfortunately, I am unable to open or download them. Is there any way you could email the PDF files to me? I don’t know what my problem is, but it simply doesn’t work.

5. Kelli Thrasher-Brooks

These are fabulous!!! Thanks for sharing! I had to learn the hard way over the years how to paginate. This really makes it easier to understand!

6. Sherry

This seems great, but my iMac won’t open the PDF files. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks.
    Sincerely,
    Sherry

Are you trying to open the single pdf’s or the rar files. If the rar’s then you may need to get a free program that decompresses them like Winrar or something similar. If it’s the pdf’s then you may want to check that you have the most current adobe reader installed and updated. Let me know!

7. Max

Thanks for these – I’m a veteran illustrator but a complete novice in the children’s book world!

8. Annie

Thank you for putting these on line and sharing. I have made, and shared my versions the old-fashioned way … this is very nicely done! Good luck with your illustration.

9. olga volozova

thank you!!!

10. Sil Falqueto

thank you so much! This will help a lot! : )

11. EJ Bechtel

Thank you so much. I was having a problem with size. I will put them to good use.

12. Dan

Thanks you so much. These are awesome!

13. Terry Askew

Thanks very much for these! These are brilliant!

14. Maya

15. Teri

Thank you so much for these wonderful templates. This has saved me a lot of time.

16. Melissa

I just came here from LinkedIn. Thanks a lot for sharing these! I’m working on my first picture book, and this helps me double-check what I’ve got so far. It will be an even bigger help for my future books! Blessings.

17. Darlene Douthit

Very helpful.

18. joyee

Thanks for Sharing!Thats so nice of you to share!

19. Sandie Sing

Thank you for your dedication in making us “happy Sketchers!” You rock! This is another reason why I check on “Once Upon A Sketch”. You have amazing resources for picture book folks.

20. Alina Bradford

Hi! This is wonderful! I gave you some link love over at my blog as a thank you! http://sketchadaychallenge.blogspot.com/2013/01/free-childrens-book-templates-to.html

21. Lori Maxwell

I’ve been illustrating for years; but in the children’s world, I’m a rookie. I stop by your blog from time to time, for the great info you provide. Thanks for the info, the PDF, and making life a little simpler!

22. Claudia Medina

Thank you ever so Much!

23. Hudson Calasans

very useful,thank you!

24. Daniel Heikalo

This will be most useful. May I recommend a book as a thank you? Writing with Pictures, by Uri Shulevitz. A real treasure for any illustrator.

25. Doris Rowe

Thank you for the single page book template. Must find out how to open the .rar format from my MAC. The QUAS_WIDE PAGE_32PB TEMPLATE will do it. Thank you. Now, back to work.

26. Amanda Jane Plummer-Laidler

Hi,

Thank you so very much I will have a look when my little boy goes to bed or at school tomorrow. I am currently working on my website and new blog on wordpress.

Kind regards

Amanda Jane

27. J

These are fantastic! Thank you very much for sharing!

28. Donna Collins

Thank you so very much for this information..Your so very nice to share.

29. Becca Roarabaugh

30. Katie G

I wanted to thank you for your generosity in sharing these book templates as well as for the rest of the wonderful resources you offer on your site! I just started a new LinkedIn group called Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators and posted a link on it to your site. The group’s purpose is to share ideas and tips to encourage the new and sorta new writers and illustrators on their creative efforts. Your website fits the purpose perfectly, so I hope it is ok that I have posted your link on linkedIn. Keep up the great work and thank you once again!

Thanks so much for sharing our site with your LinkedIn Group. We promote our posts on there quite a bit. So don’t be surprised if one or both of us joins pretty soon. (If we haven’t already.)

31. CA Clark

Thank you very much. I cannot express how grateful I am for you sharing these templates.

32. Mike

Once I download the template, how do I click on the box to begin placing the words?

33. Tracy Valles

I am eager to get started…thanks for way to organize my project

34. Candace

I would like to download a free template but I could not. please tell me what to do.

• Norm

Sorry the download links were broken. My Buddy Wilson, who help me run the site, passed away several years ago and he use a service to allow people to download these PDF templates. When his account went in active they remove the links and so the PDFs disappeared. I had to go back and remake them. You should now be able to download them.

35. Rene

I want to make a book about my granddaughter and I. Hope this works.
    Thanks

36. Elsa

Hi thanks so much I do not see where to download? thanks!!

• Norm

Sorry the download links were broken. I had to go back and remake these templates after Wilson passed away. You should now be able to download them.

37. judy

Thank you for sharing your templates. I am so thankful.

38. Peg

I would love to have the 11X17 PDF 32 file but for the life of me, I cannot find a download link. Can you give specifics about where that is, rather than just at the end of the post?

Thanks,
    Peg

• Norm

Sorry for the frustrating experience on our site. The PDFs were removed after Wilson passed away. I had to go back and remake these PDFs. I just did that in there now available again for download. Again sorry for the inconvenience.

39. Kristen Thornton

Cant download anything I am needing to create a children book I would like to be able to put them on power point but I can’t get anything to download

• Norm

My apologies. The download links were broken. I couldn’t download them myself so I had to remake these PDFs. They’re now available for download if you’re still interested. Sorry for the long wait.

40. Diane Robinson

Thanks

41. Leslie

Are these still available?

• Norm

Sorry, for a very long time these PDFs were not available. After Wilson passed away the service he used to allow you to download them removed his information. I actually wasn’t able to download them either so I had to remake them. The downloads are now available again. Sorry for the inconvenience.

42. Ada Medina

Thanks so much! I am so excited with this project. My students will be creating children’s bilingual short stories.

43. Karen

I’m writing a childrens book so this will be useful!

44. CL Arbour

Thanks so much for sharing!

45. Tim

Just found this and I would love to download them but I cannot see any way to do so. Can someone explain how to download these?

• Norm

46. JUDITH MCNEAR

I would like a square book templet

• Norm

The Square book templates are now available. Sorry they weren’t available for a long time but now they are back up and available for download at the end of the post.

47. raven

Are these templates still available?

• Norm

I have re-uploaded these templates. When Wilson passed away they were removed from the service he used to allow you to download them. I had to remake them and re-upload them. You should be able to download them again now. Sorry for the very very long delay.