Contest-Design a new Character for Darkstalkers game!
Time to get out your pens and pencils and test out those character design skils of yours!!
PLEASE NOTE: WE ARE NOT DIRECTLY AFFILIATED WITH THIS CONTEST. WE ARE SIMPLY PASSING ON THE INFORMATION TO YOU! DO NOT SUBMIT TO US.
Darkstalkers Resurrection, coming early 2013, has one of the most unique and creative casts in gaming, as they are all based on classic monster types, from vampires to werewolves and even succubi! Now is your chance to try your hand at designing your own hypothetical Darkstalker character!
Entries are very open-ended. While there are a few basics we’d like you to include, you can expand as much as you like. Do you have movesets? Win quotes? You can even attach artwork of your character to your entry email!
Winners will be chosen based on the uniqueness of their design, the ability to make their monster type fit in with their fighting style, and generally how cool the character is. And if yours is selected as the top idea, your character will be immortalized in an art piece by Darkstalkers Resurrection artist Stanley “Artgerm” Lau.
What we’re looking for:
- A unique Darkstalker character concept based on an existing monster type, be it from horror movies, folklore, mythology, etc.
- A set of basic information, including name, physical description, fighting type, etc. (See below)
- Additional information and assets are optional, but gladly accepted. This can be either included in your entry email directly, or as an attachment.
- You can collaborate with other fans in groups of up to three.
- Grand Prize – A custom made drawing of your character by Stanley “Artgerm” Lau, the artist for Darkstalkers Resurrection, along with one copy of the UDON Darkstalkers Tribute art book and one copy of Pop Culture Shock’s Lord Raptor statue.
- 2nd-3rd Place – One copy of Pop Culture Shock’s Lord Raptor statue
- 4th-8th Place – One copy of the Darkstalkers Tribute art book by UDON.
FOR MORE INFO AND SUBMISSIONS GO THE FOLLOWING LINK
Submissions will end 11:59 PM PST on January 20, 2013.